Parts Per Million (ppm) Concentration
- Parts Per Million (ppm) is a measurement of the concentration of a soluton.
- For very dilute solutions, weight/weight (w/w) and weight/volume (w/v) concentrations are sometimes expressed in parts per million.
- parts per million is abbreviated as ppm
- 1 ppm is one part by weight, or volume, of solute in 1 million parts by weight, or volume, of solution.
- In weight/volume (w/v) terms,
1 ppm = 1g m-3 = 1 mg L-1 = 1 μg mL-1
- In weight/weight (w/w) terms,
1 ppm = 1 mg kg-1 = 1 μg g-1