Weight/Volume Percentage Concentration (w/v %)
- Weight/Volume Percentage Concentration is a measurement of the concentration of a soluton.
- weight/volume percentage concentration is usually abbreviated as w/v (%)
- To calculate w/v % concentration:
w/v (%) = mass of solute (g)
volume of solution (mL)
- Common units for w/v% concentration are g/100mL (%)
Solubilities are sometimes given in units of grams of solute per 100 mL of water, that is, as a weight/volume percentage concentration.
- weight/volume is a useful concentration measure when dispensing reagents.
- Note that weight/volume is also referred to as mass/volume.
mass/volume can be abbreviated as m/v
mass/volume percentage concentration is abbeviated as m/v %